GAME TYPE - One team game.
WHO'S IT FOR - Groups One and Two. You need at least six people for this game.
WHAT YOU NEED - A kickball and several items for the center of the circle that can be knocked down.
HOW TO PLAY:
- Put everyone into a large circle, with at least an arm's length between them.
- First, have the players jsut practice kicking the ball to someone else in the circle. Don't kick it too hard, or the other player won't be able to get it.
- After everyone has kicked the ball to someone else a few times, put an object, such as an empty soda bottle, in the middle of the circle. Now the object of the game is to kick the ball across the circle without knocking over the object.
- If the object gets knocked over, set it back up. See how many times the ball can be kicked across the circle before the object gets knocked over.
- As the game progresses, make it more difficult by adding more objects to the circle. If one object gets knocked down, leave it as an obstacle. Only when everything gets knocked down do you set them up again.
This game is not a competition. People don't get eliminated for knocking down the object, though if someone refuses to follow directions and keeps aiming for the object, they may need to be removed.
THIS WORKS ON - Teamwork (everyone working together to keep the objects standing), eye-foot coordination (being able to aim kicks so the objects don't get hit), following directions (kicking to friends and not trying to hit center object).